FAQ & Return Policy
Order Cancellations / Returns (New Items)
Pre-ordered items can be cancelled and/or returned for a full refund anytime before the physical product ships. Exceptions: there will be highlighted text at the top of the product page for items ineligible for return.
If your item has shipped, the item can still be returned. Items need to be returned in new or factory sealed condition (i.e. unopened). We cannot be responsible for items damaged during return transit. We recommend using a new LP mailer to return your item.
Shipping on returned items will be charged to the customer. The customer will be responsible for postage back to Cartridge Thunder. Once the item is received, a refund (less shipping) will be issued.
Exceptions to these policies will be made for damaged or defective items. These instances will be handled on a case-by case basis.
If you have any questions about your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Cancellations / Returns (Used Items)
Used items are handled different than new items. These are one of a kind SKUs and replacements are not available.
- Purchases are non-refundable and are not eligible for return.
- We cannot be responsible for the product during transit. It will be packed carefully and professionally. If you are concerned about item damage, please purchase Priority Mail or UPS.
- We have done our best to evaluate the item's physical appearance and grade it appropriately. Items shown in the photo are the items which you will receive.
- Please scroll to the bottom of this page for Grades and descriptions.
Our website supports orders to the US and Canada, but we are able to accommodate international (i.e. not the US or Canada) orders upon request. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If your jacket or package is damaged in transit, we will do our best to find a mutually beneficial solution. In such an instance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
When will my pre-order ship?
Your pre-order ship date should be on the product page. While this date is not likely to change, manufacturing hiccups can happen. All customers will be notified via e-mail in this unlikely event.
Where will my item ship from?
If you ordered vinyl, your order will ship from Chicago, IL. T-shirt orders will ship from Printful (a t-shirt fulfillment company). These orders typically come from California or North Carolina.
Why is my pre-order being charged upfront?
Pre-orders are charged upfront in order to avoid billing issues at time of shipment (overdraft, card number changes, etc.)
Will I receive a shipping notification when my item has shipped?
Yes. You will receive a shipping notification at the e-mail address under which you placed your original order.
Can I change my shipping address?
Yes. Anytime before your order ships. Please notify us at email@example.com with any changes to your order. We ship to the address that you have provided at purchase.
Customers are responsible for updating their addresses. If your address changes, and we are not notified before your item ships out, it will most likely be returned to our office after an unsuccessful delivery. In such an event, we will need to invoice you for additional shipping charges before the item is re-shipped. If your item is not returned by the post office, a replacement will need to be purchased.
If I live in Chicago, can I pick up my order?
Yes. Please place an order online, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you have opted to pick up your order. Your shipping will then be refunded. Our office and fulfillment center is located in Ravenswood at 4541 N Ravenswood Avenue.
My jacket was damaged in transit.
If you are in the United States, we will ship you a replacement jacket. We may ask you for a photo, though this is more for us to verify what exactly went wrong in transit (and why our packaging did not work). This applies only to Cartridge Thunder releases. Unfortunately, we do not have any replacement jackets for third-party releases (from other labels).
If you are located abroad (i.e. not the US), we will work to find a solution wherein we can ship a replacement jacket out to you. We unfortunately cannot assume the cost of international replacement shipping.
Why am I being charged tax on my order?
We are based in Chicago, IL. Illinois is what is considered an “Origin based” sales tax state. This means that all customers based in Illinois are charged sales tax. If your item is purchased from out of state, shipped out of state, and shipped from our location in Chicago, IL, you will not be charged sales tax (i.e. recipients who are not located in Illinois will not be charged sales tax). You can read more about this here. We don’t make the rules, but we do have to follow them!
Used Item Grading
You can view these descriptions below:
- Mint: Absolutely perfect in every way. Certainly never been played, possibly even still sealed.
- NM or M-: A nearly perfect record. A NM or M- record has more than likely never been played, and the vinyl will play perfectly, with no imperfections during playback. An LP cover should have no creases, folds, seam splits, cut-out holes, or other noticeable similar defects. The same should be true of any other inserts, such as posters, lyric sleeves, etc.
- Very Good Plus (VG+): A Very Good Plus record will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it. Defects should be more of a cosmetic nature, not affecting the actual playback as a whole. Record surfaces may show some signs of wear and may have slight scuffs or very light scratches that don't affect one's listening experiences. Slight warps that do not affect the sound are "OK". The label may have some ring wear or discoloration, but it should be barely noticeable. Spindle marks may be present. Picture sleeves and inner sleeves will have some slight wear, slightly turned-up corners, or a slight seam split. An LP cover may have slight signs of wear, and may be marred by a cut-out hole, indentation, or cut corner. Surface noise may be evident due to age.
- Very Good (VG): Many of the defects found in a VG+ record will be more pronounced in a VG disc. Surface noise will be evident upon playing, especially in soft passages and during a song's intro and fade, but will not overpower the music otherwise. Groove wear will start to be noticeable, as with light scratches (deep enough to feel with a fingernail) that will affect the sound. Labels may be marred by writing, or have tape or stickers (or their residue) attached. The same will be true of picture sleeves or LP covers.
- Good (G), Good Plus (G+): A record in Good or Good Plus condition can be played through without skipping. But it will have significant surface noise, scratches, and visible groove wear. A cover or sleeve will have seam splits, especially at the bottom or on the spine. Tape, writing, ring wear, or other defects will be present. While the record will be playable without skipping, noticeable surface noise and "ticks" will almost certainly accompany the playback.
- Poor (P), Fair (F): The record is cracked, badly warped, and won't play through without skipping or repeating. The picture sleeve is water damaged, split on all three seams and heavily marred by wear and writing. The LP cover barely keeps the LP inside it. Inner sleeves are fully split, crinkled, and written upon. Generally speaking, we will not carry these in the store.