Touch: The Sublime Sound of Yuji Ohno
Pickup currently unavailable
Wewantsounds presents the release of Touch, a selection of sought-after tracks produced by Yuji Ohno, one of the most revered producers and arrangers on the Nippon music scene. His blend of jazz, space funk and disco have long been sought-after by DJs around the world and Wewanstounds has been given unique access to the Nippon Columbia vaults and to Mr. Ohno himself to come with a versatile selection from his '70s body of work, all bearing his uniquely recognizable sound.
The set includes works with singers Nanako Sato, Hatsumi Shibata, and Ken Tanaka alongside tracks from his cult anime soundtracks for Lupin III and Captain Future. Approved by Yuji Ohno himself, Touch was remastered in Tokyo by Nippon Columbia and features liner notes by Nick Luscombe in conversation with the maestro and artwork by Optigram's Manuel Sepulveda. Also featuring Ann Young, Mieko Hirota, and Electric Keyboard Orchestra.
01. Nanako Sato - Subterranean Futari Botchi
02. You & The Explosion Band - Silhouette
03. Hatsumi Shibata - I Wish You Love
04. Yuji Ohno & Galaxy - Kirameku Inner Space
05. Ann Young & Yuji Ohno Trio - Speak Low
06. Ken Tanaka - Lilac-gai no Aki
07. Mieko Hirota - I Want To Be Happy
08. Electric Keyboard Orchestra - The Soaring Seagull
09. Hatsumi Shibata - Mouichido Kikasete